Sunday, May 18, 2014

Wakame Salad

Wakame salad is my go-to breakfast because it is so easy and only takes a few ingredients.



I don't really measure anything when I make it, it is all to taste.  First, pour dried wakame into a small cup. Fill the cup with just enough cold water to cover the wakame. Cover the cup with a saucer and wait a few minutes for the wakame to rehydrate.  When all the liquid has been absorbed, add seasoned rice vinegar, sesame oil, and mirin to taste. I also like to add toasted sesame seeds. You can let it sit a little longer or eat it right away.

  This is also a good filler recipe for bento, when you need an extra side dish, as it is best in small portions (I.e. You probably don't want a giant bowl of it). Just be sure to have floss or a toothpick ready because the little seaweed pieces WILL get stuck in your teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment