Saturday, September 27, 2014

Convention Bento

My boyfriend and I are going to Anime Weekend Atlanta tomorrow, so I decided to pack us some lunches!


For lunch, Josh is having roast beef and cheddar on some home made pandesal that his mom made.  I also gave him some hard candies, a chewy bar, a cupcake,and some sun chips.  As you can see, there are no frills, just simple foods I know he'll eat.


My lunch however... Top left are sauteed greens (kale, chard, spinach) with carrot, asparagus, and a simple dressing made of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and mirin. In the bottom are: 2 fig bars, sweet omelets wrapped in seaweed and garnished with a grape tomato, and a pandesal filled with pimento cheese, garnished with a spinach leaf and a grape tomato.  The top right is filled up with sweets: hard candies, a shortbread cookie, dried apricots, banana pudding, and sprinkles!

I'll be wearing lolita tomorrow so I wanted to pay homage to the film Kamikaze Girls that got me into the style.  I decided to do so via my bento.  Idk if it is clear in the picture, but for Ichigo's side (top left), I did a sort of grungy, messy looking food and even tried to cut the carrots in the shape of skulls.  And then on Momoko's side (top right), well I just copied her own philosophy on food:


For the bottom portion of my bento, it's just stuff that I personally like--no theme.  Unfortunately I think I put too much soy sauce in the little omelets so they are more salty than sweet... I'll have to try to make them again another day and adjust the seasonings.

I went kind of quick and did not measure anything again so i don't really have any recipes to offer.  Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment