Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ham & Cheese


Monday's lunch consists of soybean salad, coffee shortbread, and ham sandwiches.

For the sandwiches, I used sliced cheddar cheese, sliced deli-style ham, rosemary mayo, and onion bread.  To make the rosemary mayo I simply chopped up some fresh rosemary and mixed it into some mayonnaise.  I used to volunteer at a vegetarian restaurant that made the best sandwiches with rosemary mayo so I wanted to try to make some at home.  The onion rolls are from my sister's work but the cheese and ham are just from the grocery store.  I cut the edges off so they would fit in the bento box.

For the soybean salad, I thawed frozen soybeans and then made a dressing with soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, and sesame seeds.

You can find the recipe for the cookies here.

A quick, simple lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment