Friday, September 19, 2014

Spiced Coffee

My sister got me a french press for my birthday and I use it at minimum twice, maybe 3x a day.


this is the general set up by my desk.  French Press and a giant mug.

spice blends

Lately I've been trying to "spice things up".  I like to put a few pods of cardamom and other goodies that I pick out of Penzey's mulling spice blend in with the grounds and let it brew together then add milk and sugar.  It's very nice.  I'd like to buy a jar of just whole cardamom to use bc that is the best part.

And since it is basically Autumn now, I thought I'd try my hand at making my own PSL homebrew. For the PS I did not measure anything but used the following ground spices for my blend:
allspice, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger.  Supposedly there is a v specific ratio you are supposed to do but i did mostly cinnamon and then a few good shakes of the rest.  For the L I put about half a teaspoon of the spice blend in with coffee grounds and let it brew.  Then I add milk and sugar.  Not really a latte (cafe au lait maybe?), but good enough to keep me away from Starbucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment